PROFILE OF THE SPECIAL ADVISER ON CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT, HON. PRINCE OLANREWAJU ANOFIU ELEGUSHI
Prince Anofi Elegushi was born on 11th October 1970 into the Royal family of Elegushi from Ikate Elegushi in Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos.
He started his early education at Yaba Model School in Lagos in 1976. He later proceeded to Zamuratal Islamiyyah High School also in Yaba in 1982 for his secondary school certificate.
In 1989, he enrolled at the Lagos State Industrial Manpower Development Centre (Technical School) and later in 1992 attended the Lagos State Technical College Odomola, Epe, for a certificate in Motor Vehicle Technology.
After his secondary education, his quest for knowledge inspired him to enrolled at the Modern Institute of Technology, an affiliate of City & Guilds of London 1997 and in 2002 got a diploma certificate in Mechanical Engineering from the Lagos State Polytechnic.
He holds a PGD in Strategic Management and Leadership from the Metropolitan School of Business and Management, UK in 2016 and currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at the Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, UK.
He was elected a counsellor and made the Majority Leader of the Legislative Council in Eti-Osa Local Government between 1999 – 2002 . As a majority leader, he represented his ward and the people efficiently by providing a bridge between the community and the council. He responded to queries and investigate concerns of residents. As the majority leader, he was responsible for the Communication of council decisions to the residents on matters that affects them.
He also worked with representatives of local organizations, interest groups and businesses as well as represented community views at council meetings.
Between 2003 and 2004, he was re-elected counsellor and was the supervisor for Health in Eti–Osa Local Government where he led and coordinated health campaigns at council as well as presenting the health care queries and advocates for residents.
He was later in 2004-2007 re-elected as counsellor and was made Leader of the Legislative Council where he presided over council meetings. He Spearheaded the creation of the four LCDAs in Eti-Osa and facilitated, supervised and monitored numerous projects at the Local Government level.
Prince Elegushi was elected as the Executive Chairman of Eti-Osa Local Government between 2008 – 2014 where he performed meritoriously.
As the Chairman of Eti–Osa Local Government, he was able to accomplish the following:
• Construction of two storey building for the Eti-Osa council Secretariat, with facilities such as boardroom, hall and car park.
• Constructed the Eti-Osa council mosque.
• Construction of Ikota Primary School
• Constructed the Oba Yekini Elegushi Health Center
• Constructed Badru road, Gbara Road, Gbangbala Road, Ikate and Odiyan Road.
• Provided Transformers for Igbo Efan community, Alpha Beach, Ikota Housing Estate and Ikate Orile.
• Installed solar powered street lights at Osapa Community, Ikota, Obayekini Elegushi Palace Roads.
• Provided well equipped computer classrooms at Ikate Orile
• Inauguration of Eti –Osa Chairman Football Competition
• Installation of Water Boreholes at Igbokushu, Jakande Estate and Ikota Housing Estate
• Provision of Public Toilets at Ikota –Orile and Ajeran Communities
• Provision of Public toilet with carwash facility at Ajeran Community
• Improvement of the Local Government Council Premises: installation of street light, sand filling and provision of befitting car park.
• Procurement of vehicles for council supervisors and councilors, council manager, treasurer, secretary to LG, Council legal officer and all HoDs.
• Procurement of vehicles for Party leaders- LG chairman, State Exco Chairman
• Provision of official Coaster Bus for Council chiefs, vehicles for Obas and official bus for staffs.
In October 2015, he was appointed as Special Adviser to the Governor on Transportation to plan, strategize and implement the state policies on transportation.
As Special Adviser on Transportation, he was able to accomplish the following:
• Masterminded the construction of alternative roads to ease traffic in Lagos.
• Negotiated and coordinated the handing over of Oshodi to Lagos State Government for the construction of the Oshodi Transport Inter-Change.
• Initiated and supervised the construction of multiple laybys across Lagos State to ease traffic; Iyanna Oworo, Alapere, Ketu, to mention a few.
• Initiated the construction of new bus shelters across Lagos State; TBS Terminal, Ikeja Bus Terminal, Ketu Bus Terminal and Laybys.
• Supervised of junction improvement and removal of roundabouts along Lekki-Epe Expressway.
• Introduction of cameras for traffic management and monitoring.
• Promoted the bus reform initiative, a project that led to the procurement of 820 Medium/High capacity transport buses procured by the state government.
In January 2018, he was appointed Special Adviser on Central Business Districts to oversee and coordinate the activities of Central Business District in the State.
His accomplishments in CBD are as follows:
Championed CBD’s launching of new environmental and transport equipment
• Facilitated the state’s acquisition of waste compactor and towing vehicle
• Hosting OF “Echoes from Tinubu Square”
• Introduction of Electronic Business Guide (e-guide) to serve as an electronic guide to shoppers.
• Redesigned and developed a modern motor park at Ajeigboro,
• Provision of Mobile Shop/Kiosk
• Fencing and Interlocking of Ebute-Ero Jetty
• Inauguration of CBD market sanitation task force
• Rebranding and beautification of the Lagos Island Central Business District aesthetics
• Opening and rehabilitation of access road blocked by organizations or traders.
• Rehabilitation of corporate toilets.
• Strategic collaboration with corporate organisations and other agencies of government.
• Improvement in revenue generation
• Capacity development for staffs
• Recognition of the Lagos Central Business Districts as a member of the International Downtown Association (IDA).
• Maintenance of historic monuments within CBD
Prince Anofiu Elegushi has handled various special assignments amongst is; Membership of Lekki-Epe Expansion Committee in 2010. The committee served as a consultative forum for effective solution to all matters arising from the reconstruction and expansion of the 49.36km Lekki-Epe Expressway.
As a member of the committee, he recommended the best approach for the execution of the project, provided the framework and approach for the project and served as the middle man between the government and other stakeholders for the commencement and smooth execution of the project.
In 2010, he was elected Member, the Institute of Freight Forwarders of Nigeria. He participated in the 2010 Lagos State Environmental Summit and also has a Certificate of Participation of the 2015 leading for Change summit. A member of the Peculiar People Management (PMP)/PWC/Lagos State Government.
Prince Elegushi is well versed in Negotiation and Public Speaking, Coaching, Mentoring, Team Building and Management.
He is a corporate administrator and highly sought after engineer with experience across the private and public sector.
A transportation and traffic management expert with hands-on experiences in perception management and public engagement for policy formulation and implementation.
An astute manager of public resources and a highly respected youth advocate who is result oriented.
He is a team player, and self -motivated leader with exceptional interpersonal skills with high sense of integrity and exceptional resource management skills.
He is an experienced and credible project manager able to scope, plan and implement large scale projects within resource to high standards of quality.
Awards and Special Recorgnition
Chartered Fellow Award, Institute of Corporate Administration 2014, Icon of Vision and Excellence 2016, and International Association of World Peace Advocates (United Nations Peace Volunteers)
Prince Elegushi is happily married with children and a lover of football, Meeting People, Creative and Critical thinking as well as Community Service.