Police on Friday reported that five people were killed and more than 40 injured after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in at a wedding gathering.
Police official, Anil Kayal said the explosion occurred in a village in Rajasthan when the guests at the wedding were gathering for lunch.
Kayal added that the impact of the explosion collapsed part of the house in Jodhpur district.
According to preliminary enquiries by the police, the gas cylinder was located in a storage room, It leaked, caught fire and exploded.
Four people died on the spot while one succumbed to injuries in the hospital.
Kayal said the toll could rise as several victims suffered third-degree burns and their condition was critical.
FOR ADVERT, POLITICAL CAMPAIGN ONLINE BANNER & POSTER DISPLAY, EVENT COVERAGE, SPONSORED ARTICLE/STORY PUBLICATION, PR AND OTHER MEDIA SERVICES:
PLEASE, SEND AN EMAIL TO : firstname.lastname@example.org