• Thu. May 23rd, 2024

Citizen NewsNG

....news at your finger tip

JAMB Withholds 64,000 Results | Citizen NewsNG

ByCitizen NewsNG

May 7, 2024

 

 

 

Additional 531 candidates results has been released by The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), totalling 1,842,897 results released so far.

The Board also highlighted that 64,000 results are under screening due to examination misconduct.

Public Communication Advisor of the Board, Dr Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this on Tuesday in Abuja.

He said, “In the course of the exercise, other cases of examination misconduct were also established to make a tally of 92 from the 81 initially discovered.”

He added that the attention of the Board had been drawn to some fallacious publications purporting that an unknown candidate, who did not sit for the Board’s 2024 UTME obtained scores.

Benjamin described this as fake, malicious and a calculated attempt to undermine the integrity of the Board while urging the public to disregard such publications.

“The Board is not surprised as this is the season of mischief makers, who would want to deceive gullible candidates.

“The examination template of the Board is designed with the highest sense of responsibility and is not an allocation platform where scores are doled out to candidates.

“It is most unfortunate that anybody could even believe such narration or that the story could even gain traction given the Board’s integrity.

“This again has gone to further vindicate the Board’s stance that candidates should desist from disclosing their classified details to third parties,” he said.

He further explained what the Board discovered during the assessment of the allegations, that the mischief makers extract results sent to other candidates.

“They then edit the details sent to them and then parade this as emanating from the Board

“The Board challenges any candidate, parent or anybody with such a claim to prove it wrong by coming forward with the details of such claims, and the phone number with which such results were conveyed,“ he said.

He said that this development would only propel the Board to further tighten the process of checking its results to make it more personalized.

Benjamin stated that the Board will add extra layer of security like registration numbers to the existing UTME result-checking process going forward, to make it extra difficult for anybody to edit.

“The Board reiterated that neither its results nor any of its processes have been compromised.

“Hence, it will continue to protect the integrity of its systems against such malicious actors, who are hell-bent on creating confusion where none existed,” he said.

He urged candidates to securely keep their details secure, not to be paraded as mischief makers when caught.

He, therefore, said the result at the moment is not on the Board’s website.

– The Punch

For Advert, Event Coverage, PR, Story/Artcle Publication & Other Media Services
Pls., Send Email To: citizennewsng@gmail.com
Visit Citizen NewsNG To Read More Latest And Interesting News

 

SHARE ON

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Solverwp- WordPress Theme and Plugin