The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the redeployment of 21 Commissioners of Police to new commands and formations across the country. This was disclosed in a statement on Tuesday by the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Aremu Adeniran.
Nine of the senior officers were posted to head State Police Commands in various parts of the country.
• CP Adeleke Bode (Kebbi),
• CP Ali Janga (Sokoto),
•CP Ngozi Onadeko (Oyo),
• CP Mohammed Aliyu (Enugu),
• CP Sikiru Akande (Cross River),
•CP Aliyu Garba (Ebonyi),
• CP Aliyu Alhaji (Adamawa),
• CP Nasiru Mohammed (Imo),
• CP Ari Ali (Delta).
According to the statement, the Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who is now a Commissioner of Police is to maintain his position as the police spokesman. Other police commissioners affected by the redeployment are:
• CP Philip Maku (SPU, FHQ, Abuja),
• CP Ohikere Idris (Armament, FHQ, Abuja),
• CP Daniel Sokari-Pedro (CMDT Police College Ikeja),
• CP John Amadi (Port Authority Police (PAP), Western, Lagos,
• CP Haladu Rosamson (Border Patrol, FHQ, Abuja)
• CP Abubakar Bature (Airport Command).
• CP Yusuf Ahmed (Department of Operations, FHQ),
• CP Babaita Ishola (Training and Department),
• CP Alexander Wannang (CMDT Police Detective College Enugu),
• CP Olofu Adejoh (Counter Terrorism Unit, FHQ, Abuja),
• CP Sadiq Abubakar (Peacekeeping, FHQ, Abuja).
Adeniran noted that the redeployment of the police commissioners was with immediate effect.